Thursday, January 26, 2012

Elisabeth Flynn-Chapman / Virginia, USA



Staying in the Cite with no distractions or obligations gave me the freedom to think and compose.  This was the first time I was in Europe in the winter and had the chance to capture the winter light.  Each day as I went out with my camera I was able to channel the atmosphere of Paris into compositions that are both specific and abstract.   This opportunity became the axis of my work not only in Paris but in Moscow and London, Nimes and Berlin.     



Paris inspired me to look at old and familiar places with a new vision.  Modern Paris was new to me and places like La Defense thrilled me with its many compositional possibilities. My stay at the Cite was an experience which will continue to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment