Thursday, January 26, 2012

Diana Seeholzer / Switzerland

I spent a very intense six months working at the Cite Internationale des Arts, (January - through June 2011) via a scholarship from VISARTE Central Switzerland. During my residency I met many interesting artists, visited many museums and galleries and spent time getting to know the great tourist traps of Paris. I bought an old bicycle and with it I loved to explore the city. It was on one of these tours, along the edge of the city, that I photographed the burned motorcycle.

I balanced my research of Paris with time in my atelier where I made small india ink paintings that echoed memories and daily experiences. It occured to me later that these three paintings and the photograph have a similar energy, with a connection that is tangible and apparent on different levels. Something happend there or will happen soon, but we dont`t exactly know what. It is a thin line between here and there...

No comments:

Post a Comment